CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Slumber Party!




Being a parent to two is SO different than just having one, especially when the second is dependent upon me for everything. That means big sister often hears, "I can't right now" or "Benjamin needs me right now" or Later." So Saturday night I decided would be Emily's night. Emily and I had a slumber party downstairs in our play room. It was just she and I, no boys allowed (well, the boys joined us downstairs for pizza then went upstairs for the evening)! We got into our jammies early, put the futon down and made up our bed on it and dined on typical slumber party food...pizza, cheetos, marshmallows and ice cream. We played with her Little People school, had a pillow fight, painted our fingernails (she calls them hang nails) and watched the Little Mermaid. By 9pm Emily announced she was tired so I turned the lights out. Then she wasn't tired so she hopped around on the bed for another half hour. Meanwhile, Mommy was getting sleepy, too. I think we were both asleep well before 10pm. What party animals we are! We have lots of fun and I'm glad we were able to do spend some one on one time together.


Here are a few photos from our party. Also, here's a photo of Emily before church yesterday. First, she got a shorter haircut on Friday that looks so much better. And she actually let me put a barrette in her hair and kept it there. The cute little jumper is one of my great Goodwill store finds from a few weeks ago (the shirt is from her BB).


It was a great slumber party and I'm sure it won't be long before Mommy is banished to upstairs with Daddy and little brother while Emily enjoys all the slumber party fun with her little friends.

5 comments:

Leora Schenck said...

What a wonderful mommy you are! I enjoyed your Slumber Blog! She is such a doll!!!

Stacie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacie said...

What a great idea, glad you had a fun night with just Emily, I bet she loved it also. :)

LaLa said...

Oh, I bet you both had such a wonderful time!!! What a fun idea!

Michelle said...

What a great idea:) She looks adorable!