CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 18, 2008

A Little Bit of Nothing



The last week or so around here has been a bit odd. First, Jeff was sick most of last week and stayed home from work for three days. While it was sort of nice to have him home, it really kind of threw off our "routine." Luckily, it's nothing more than a nasty virus that will just need to run its course. So that, along with our questionable weather on Saturday prevented us from making the hour drive to our FCC CNY dinner. I was sorry to miss it but also didn't feel like driving with ice on the roads. It ended up just being rain but we didn't know what it was going to do for sure (neither did the weather forecasters). Consequently, I don't have photos of Emily at CNY this year. Hopefully next year!

The only photos I have to post are from weekend before last. We had a nice day and I wanted to take Benjamin outside while Jeff was working in the yard and Emily was "helping." I'm sure you can tell, Benjamin is pretty fair skinned (how could he not be with parents like us). So I got a sun hat for him for summertime and decided to try it on him. It's a bit big but he'll grow into it. You can tell he's not very happy in these photos and it wasn't due to the hat, although I'm sure that didn't help. He was already getting a bit cranky and ready for a change of scenery hence his expression.

I just thought this was funny...kids say the darndest things. Or at least in this household, Emily does. Yesterday I was coming down the stairs and she was already in the basement playing. When she saw me she said, "What's happenin' Mom?" Where does she come up with this stuff??? Jeff and I had a chuckle at that one.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so funny! It cracks me up when kids catch you off guard with their comments:) Love the hat! We also did not make our CNY party because of weather and distance:(

Mother of 2 Angels said...

Awww those pics are sooooo cute

LaLa said...

What a cutie he is. Glad daddy is feeling better! Kids are funny...I was singing in the car the other day to one of her CDs and I noticed she was not singing with me so I said "do you like Mama's singing" and she says "No, Bad" What??? I mean it is but she didn't have to say it!