CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Baker and the Cooker




This afternoon Emily was playing with her chef's hat and apron in her kitchen. She came up to me and told me, "I'm the baker, you're the cooker." I told her normally the "cooker" was called a chef. Anyone who knows my culinary skills would laugh at me being referred to as a chef. Does pouring milk on dry cereal constitute being a chef? Just kidding--it's not quite that bad.

I should be ashamed of myself for taking advantage of a little boy who can't defend himself against getting dressed up--and then take pictures of it!! But I couldn't resist. I had to put the chef's hat on Benjamin. As soon as I started laughing at him, he got a big grin on his face. The photos above tell it all and show what happened to the hat that was too big a few seconds after I put it on him. And don't be alarmed---it didn't stay over his face for more than a second or two.

This morning we went for Emily's evaluation at the preschool we hope to get her in. She did very well and exceeded all the minimum scores for her age. Her highest score was on the verbal part of the assessment. There were a few times when she simply would not cooperate, like when one of the teachers asked her where her knee was. I mean come on, she's been telling us that for two years now. But would she do it this morning? Nope. She also had her eyes and hearing checked. She was not very cooperative during the eye exam. I had to chuckle because in the paperwork I received at my referral, it mentioned she would not cooperate for her eye exam. Two and a half years later, nothing has changed!! A few times during the evaluation she told the teachers, "I'm tired. I don't want to do this anymore." Well, at least she is honest! On our way home, I asked her what she thought about all of it. She said, "We forgot to have a snack!" Bummer. Apparently when you are three, a snack at school is a requirement. Ha!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh man, no snack. bummer.:)

Benjamin looks great as a "cooker"

LaLa said...

Love those pics of Benjamin!!! What a huge grin.

Good job on your evals Miss Emily. It makes me extra sad we won't get to see you in Atlanta..I'd love to hear your little voice.

Come on..what is up with no snack!!

Michelle said...

Love Benjamin with the hat! Too cute! I remember you saying Emily had the same one that JiaLi received at Christmas--we have so much fun "cooking".
No snack, go figure!!

Mother of 2 Angels said...

I am so thrilled you are updating more often - you all look so great.