CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 3, 2008

NOT the Princess and the Pea...


...but the Princess and the poo. :-)


Emily was supposed to be napping this afternoon and she had an extra special treat for naptime today. Zoe, our cat, was sleeping on the blankets on the end of Emily's bed. So I asked if she wanted Zoe to stay in her room for naptime and she said yes. About 30 minutes later I heard Emily calling to me. I went to her room and she was pointing to a "mess" on her bed. At first I wasn't sure if it was from the cat or Emily. Okay, so now back up a few weeks. Emily has always had issues with doing #2 and the last few weeks she has been going after she is put to bed...and then trying to change herself. :-( I'm thinking this might not be all bad in that she is finally getting uncomfortable with it in her diaper and therefore is trying to clean up. Maybe one day she'll go in the potty!! Anyway, after noticing the mess on Emily's bed, I looked over at Zoe and she was still laying in the same spot, but was now wearing Emily's princess tiara. I had to laugh as Zoe was just laying there like nothing was different. Zoe is the matriarch of our three kitties and is getting quite old and apparently mellow in her old age. Had I not needed to immediately take the sheet off Emily's bed and hence, move the cat, and clean up I would have taken a photo. Instead, here is a photo of Emily hugging her brother earlier today. And so goes our own version of the fairy tale "The Princess and the Poo!" Never a dull moment as a Mommy!


3 comments:

LaLa said...

Oh my....yuck!!! I do hope it is a step in the right direction for you....I know you'd like to be only changing one set of diapers : )

I do with you had that cat pic but I love the one of the sweet siblings : )

Leora Schenck said...

Ha Ha! How hilarious! Sorry you had a mess.

Stacie said...

yuck, hopefully she'll get the hang of it soon, Baby Benjamin is getting so big already :)