CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 17, 2008

16 weeks old and ABC's





No, Benjamin does not know his ABC's yet. But he is 16 weeks old today! He is such a happy little guy nearly all of the time and I'm happy to say we've had SIX NIGHTS IN A ROW of sleeping through the night! Aside from a few tummy issues last week that required a move to a sensitive tummy formula, he's been healthy and well. Here are a few photos of my guy this morning. I think the little shirt he's wearing makes him look like a man of the cloth! :-)


Emily has really been working on her ABC's this last week. We have a little placemat that has the alphabet on it and she can trace around each letter with a dry erase marker. She really seems interested in this activity and if I'm in the other room I can often hear her walking through the steps like, "Line, down, across" and so on. I'm also happy to say that she can now spell her name. Not write it, but spell it verbally. So I think we may be well on our way to having some of these letters come together as words. Tonight she asked me, "What starts with"...and then she would insert the letter. Here is a shot of her alphabet work.


Also, a few weeks ago I celebrated a birthday. Apparently we are still celebrating at our house as I was presented with a playdough birthday cake and a rendition of the Happy Birthday song this evening. You'll notice the two plastic pieces sticking out of the cake. These are the candles.


2 comments:

LaLa said...

Love the update!!! What cuties and a smart little girl : )

Michelle said...

Love the birthday cake! That's the best! Happy belated! I hope the sleep continues!