CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bragging


Okay, I'm a mom so I'm allowed to brag, right? If not, please just humor me for this post.


Last night Emily was playing with her foam letters while she was in the tub. She only had five or six letters but luckily there was a vowel in the mix. I put the three letters C-A-T together and said, "Do you know what this word is?" She nodded her head and said, "Yes." When I asked her what it was she said, "Cat." Okay, I was really floored by this. We have not practiced this word or talked about how to spell cat. Perhaps it was just a coincidence but I was still very surprised and pleased.


While I'm bragging here, above you will see a picture Emily drew back in October. We were watching the movie Happy Feet and she wanted some paper and markers. She started doodling on the paper and then handed it to me and said, "Look, a penguin." Sure enough, while being maybe a bit abstract, it looked like a penguin to me. We will definitely save this piece of art.


Signed,

A very impressed mommy

3 comments:

LaLa said...

WOW...that is awesome!!!! You may have a little artist on your hands : )

Stacie said...

Wow, bragging rights are warranted on this post :) Great artwork Emily.

Michelle said...

Yes, you should brag. That picture is a definite keeper! And she spells:)