CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

The kids and I traveled to my dad and sister, Brenda's, this past weekend for Easter (Daddy stayed behind at home...sniff sniff). The main reason we traveled this weekend was because my niece, Haileigh, was being baptised Sunday. Didn't want to miss that!!

Saturday my sister had her step kids and all their kids over for lunch and an Easter egg hunt. Neither of my two kiddos were feeling all that great (colds and coughs) so they didn't look all that enthused in the photos, especially Emily. I think Emily found the most eggs, as her bucket was heaping full. Benjamin was more interested in just running around the field and playing on the swingset than he was looking for eggs. But the Easter Bunny was very good to them! The bunny left a basket for them at BB's (my sister's) and they each had one waiting for them here at home. And my sister gave each of the kids a bucket of goodies on Saturday before the hunt. So they had plenty!

Sunday morning we all went to church as a family and got to see my niece being baptised. Emily had never seen a baptism before and was very curious about it. She asked me, "Mom, is Haileigh going to walk with Jesus?" Trying to keep things simple, I said yes, that's what this meant. Then Emily looked at me with a worried look on her face and said, "When will she be back?" Hee hee!

We ended our visit with a wonderful lunch at my sister's and then the kids and I got on the road for the almost three hour trip back home (during which they both slept nearly the entire way!). It was a great weekend. Here are some photos.















0 comments: