CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Isn't She a Little Too Young?

It seems my daughter is sweet on a little boy in her preschool class. And it appears the feeling is mutual. For several months now, when I would spy Emily on the playground before time to pick her up, she would be holding hands with a little boy. At first I thought it was our neighbor, who is also in her class. But it was a different little boy, I'll call him "B."

"B"'s mom and I have talked before about this budding romance. Well, this week it really seemed to go to the next level, perhaps because Valentine's Day is approaching?? Anyway, "B"'s mom told me yesterday that he has asked him mom nearly every day for a month if Emily could come over to his house to play. And yesterday at their class Valentine party, he asked his mom if Emily could sleepover at his house! Their teacher told me she heard him ask this, too. His mom explained that only boys sleep over at boys' houses, girls at girls' houses, etc. Hopefully he will be satisfied with just play time with Em.

Last night, Emily got a call on her "phone" from "B"'s mom saying he was coming over to play. So pretend "B" came to our house to play and even had supper with us (I set out a place for him and everything).

I think it's sweet that she has a "boyfriend" and that he is equally smitten with her. I mean, come on! Who wouldn't be!! :-)

2 comments:

Lauren's Nana said...

Aww, that is sweet and funny that his mom called her on her "phone" for him to come over:). They are so cute at this age to just sit back and watch, you just never know what you will learn:).

LaLa said...

So funny...glad they enjoyed their "dinner date" with the proper supervision LOL