CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 24, 2007

I survived!!

I survived my first week of being a stay at home mom! Better yet, my two-almost three year old-survived, too! It's been a good week of both of us trying to find our "routine." We took a walk nearly every morning this week before it got too hot. They were short jaunts around our new neighborhood but still gave Mom some exercise and Emily seemed to enjoy the change of scenery, too. Daddy works close enough to walk to and from home so we get to have him home for lunch each day. We've done some shopping, gardening (aka weed pulling), playing on the swingset, she rode her bike, did lots of sidewalk chalk, did painting and coloring with markers and the hit of the week was Emily getting a pair of her own scissors (don't worry, they are the kindergarten type with blunt ends and are ONLY used under Mom's strict supervision).

I hope to get Emily enrolled in a few classes starting in September: Toddler Story Time at the local library on Tuesday mornings and Wee Wigglers (a play group) at the local rec center. I also hope to join the Y this weekend so we might add a gymnastics class to the mix. Depends on how much she is up for. I think she is going to really miss the interaction with other kids. Yesterday we were on a walk and she saw some boys outside playing at what appeared to have been a home daycare. She heard them laughing and playing, commented on their play and said, "I play, too!" Unfortunately we didn't know these folks and they had all gone inside by the time we got to the house.

Phrases I've heard at least 3oo times this week: "Mommy doing?" "Why?" "I don't know." "Why?" "I mean it, Mommy!" "Why?" "I do it!" and yes, "Why?" again! Ah, the mind of a two year old! It's been fun for Mommy so far. Hopefully it has been for Emily. Several people have told me this is the most important job I'll ever have and I will never regret my decision to stay home while our children are little. So far, so good! :-)

Please check back again! I hope to stay on top of this blog now--at least until October 23rd or thereabouts!

4 comments:

LaLa said...

Welcome to the club. It is such a difficult job but so rewarding. I think I hear Mama a million times a day!! I know you will do great and once you have two we fully expect daily updates LOL

Patty said...

It's great getting updates of how you guys are doing. We missed ya.
It sounds like you have been very busy having fun!

Mrs C said...

I finally remembered to check your blog and wow - you have updated it. It was great to read. Hi Emily, Hi Jeff, Hi Kim and Hi Blarry.
To all their US friends, we are so jealous that you are so close - we really miss these guys especially with our nephew on his way soon. Miss you guys heaps - and I promise I will remember to read your blog! It is rewarding being a mum (mom) but remember to have some 'you' time too. love Claire

Stacie said...

Pretty soon it will be " no mama, I do it" seventeen times a day :) Like Laura said it's a tough job but so worth it to ba able to have these years with our girls:)