CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Elmo Came Through Surgery with Flying Colors!





I don't know if you all know or not, but Elmo was really ill yesterday. Matter of fact, he had to have surgery. Dr. Emily Tomlinson started out by giving him several shots but that didn't seem to work so off he went to her room (aka the OR) and into her bed for surgery. She shut her door behind her so I asked if everything was okay and if Elmo needed help. She opened her door, stuck her head out with her stethoscope around her neck, said, "No thank you" and returned to the task at hand.


Shortly afterward, she came out asking for some help. Apparently things were pretty touch and go in the OR so she was calling in some reinforcements in the form of Mommy. I was handed a pair of scissors from the doctor kit. Oh dear! I have to admit I wasn't prepared for surgery yesterday afternoon. I hadn't even scrubbed yet! But I'm happy to say Elmo made it through the night and was well enough to go on some errands with us this morning! Whew! I'm sure you are all relieved. Here are some photos I was able to sneak in during surgery. You'll notice that Dr. Tomlinson got tired and decided to lay down with Elmo right after surgery. :-)

3 comments:

LaLa said...

So glad Elmo is doing ok and obviously Emily is a wonderful doctor.

That last pic is priceless. Seriously, aren't you loving being home and getting to see all this... : )

Michelle said...

We have had a few surgeries ourselves... Funny how little kids think alike... She is Beautiful can't wait to see everyone this coming spring!!!

Patty said...

Oh how sweet! Elmo is looking good. She is so cute! Looking forward to seeing you guys in April.