CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 21, 2007

We Have Success!


No, not on the potty yet. I'm talking about success in getting Emily outside to play in the snow today. She was a little frustrated at having to walk in it since it's so deep. But then Daddy showed her how to make a snowball and throw it at Mommy. Then we decided to build a snowman. Jeff said he didn't know how to make one so I decided I would show this Kiwi how it's done. I grew up in Pennsylvania and we had our share of snow there. However, it has been a good thirty years or so since I've had an occasion to build one. Here are some photos of our play time outside today and of our snowman. I like to call him Snowman meets Elephant man. Not my best work but by then hands and feet were frozen and someone wanted to go inside. While we were outside, Emily told me, "Mommy, hot coffee." I think she was cold. No, we don't give her coffee. But Mom and Dad drink it every morning so she knows the difference between hot and cold. Anyway, after coming in and changing into warm, dry clothes we ate some lunch and Emily is now hopefully having sweet dreams about our snowman. Or would that be nightmares?

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hey Kimmy ...read your blog! What a great idea.

LaLa said...

Awesome photos!!Glad she had a good time...

Michelle said...

I know I need to be careful what I wish for but we can't wait to get out in the snow. Looks like you had so much fun! We did have snow two nights ago but only an inch--the kids couldn't make snowballs but did succeed in throwing it all over each other's heads:)